Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Classics Rock



Tuesday evening (9/09) me and my family went to see The Eagles in concert at Toyota Center. Awesome as always! They are such a classic band with great presentation and harmonies.

Glenn Frey opened up by saying that this was the "Assisted Living Tour for the band that never dies." I have to admit that even I felt like a youngster in the crowd of fans and Samantha well her comment was "gosh their sure are a lot of old people here, I think I may be the youngest." Then I had to remind her that Glenn, Don, Timothy, and Joe were as old as her grandparents, so yes it will be an older crowd. Joe Walsh is such an awesome guitarist! I told Samantha wouldn't it be cool to have a grandpa like that who can blare a guitar with such emotion (he really gets into his music).

They opened with songs from their new CD 'Long Road Out of Eden', then came on strong with the classics. When Hotel California was played the crowd went crazy including me. The music takes you back to the time when you first heard it. I was probably about Samantha's age at that time 10-11 yrs old. I remember getting that album for Christmas and playing it over and over again hanging out with my cousins and playing or version of 'Rock Band' with fake mics, guitars, drums, and pianos. Don Henley was my inspiration for wanting to be the first female rock band drummer. The dream never came true, but I'm not dead yet!

So, if you want to enjoy real music pick up a classic and let it take you back to a time when.....

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

Love it Arcalee! I forgot the concert was this week!
YOU GO GIRL0 I'm so glad you open Samantha up to the wonders of real rock n roll!