Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puppy Mill Hell!


Have you ever purchased a puppy from an individual off the road, from a store, or from an individual selling puppies in the paper? Do me a huge favor, next time your in the market for a new puppy look for a rescue league or shelter.

I rescued my Shih Tzu, Oreo, from the Lonestar Shih Tzu Rescue four years ago. I volunteered at some of their adoptions and heard horror stories about the puppy mills or the conditions they found a lot of our foster four-legged kids.

Well, it has happened again. Thank God they were saved. Remember that not all people who claim to love animals and give you the innocence of being good breeders are necessarily telling the truth. Click on link for the Lonestar Shih Tzu Rescue blog site to the left on "blogs I stalk". Some of the pictures maybe too graphic.

I think if we all think about where we want to get our next dog or puppy from we can put all the breeders out of business. There maybe some good ones out there and I be hard to judge, but I have not seen those good breeders. Another thing to think about your donation to these shelters or rescue organizations is tax deductible.

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Well Said!!!!

Arcalee said...

Mommy I'm so proud of you for saying this loud and proud. That's just how I see you.