Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wedding Bells for 2009


Saturday January 3rd, one of my nephews got married and it was a gorgeous fairy tale wedding. Cole and Kelly are childhood sweethearts and they looked so wonderful together. Cole is the son of my first cousin, whom I grew up with. Her children and my other cousin's children refer to me as their aunt.

The wedding was held at a beautiful facility in Tomball, TX. When you entered the facility it looked as gorgeous inside as it did outside. Even more so, because it was dressed for the wedding. Their colors were white and pale grey, and the place was lit with candles everywhere, dangling crystal from faux trees, and fake snow. A true winter wedding brought indoors.

After reciting their vows, a fake snow machine sprinkled snow flakes on the bride and groom. It was a beautiful scene. The wedding party and guest then left the alter area, while the banquet servers rearranged the room. The room later became a room of winter white with faux white trees on the tables with crystal embellishments.

A new wedding theme I had heard about, but never saw was a candy bar. They had a table filled with glass canisters of assorted candies, mostly chocolate. They even had white and grey M&M's with their names and the date they got married. You could go up to the candy jars and fill a cellophane bag to your liking. I think it is a great concept.

What a great way to start a New Year with a new addition to the family and start of a new life together!

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

It sounds heavenly. My friend Adrienne catered a wedding in Idaho this same weekend and they had a candy bar, which I had never heard of before either.

boricua1708 said...

OooO how pretty. It gives me ideas for future events! I love the candy bar. Miss you all ALOOOTT!! Hope to see you guys soon!