Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scraproom

Before

After
I finally have a place I can call my very own! My new scrapping den.

This was the last room in the house that needed a remodel. I had a mish mosh of all kinds of furniture people had given us. Well the day came that I finally decided on what I wanted to do with this room. I am going with a Safari theme!

The color of the room is called Desert Caravan and the base boards are painted with Spiced Leaf a kind of a blackish brown color to blend with the furniture I had chosen. The furniture is from IKEA the Expedit line. I so love it because once I get my baskets I can start to organize my papers, embellishments, and other scrapping materials. There is still a lot to get done in this room - like artwork on the walls, more creative touches, and possibly a new computer desk to replace the current armoire. I found a cool leopard print rug I would like to get from Hobby Lobby and of course some other added animal safari prints.

As you can see in the before picture my pet's crates were currently housed in that room, well we moved them to the laundry room. They haven't gotten the routine down yet to go to the laundry room to get in their crates, but with time they will. The first day I told them to go to their crates, they went right where their crates used to be and looked so lost. I felt bad for them, maybe momma will find them a cool zebra, leopard, or giraffe print doggie bed that they can have in there.

I will keep you updated on the progress of the room as I start to decorate.

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

Looks great, i lvoe the shelving, I've been looking at it for my front room and also for my family room. You never cease to amaze
Love ya!
Kareena