Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Living a Life Inspired


I'd like to say that I came up with the header myself, but no it's the words of Donna Downey, one of my favorite multi media artists.

While I was on vacation last week, I meet a friend for lunch. She is very artsy too, but more the on the theatrical side. She and I had an awesome lunch and then went into this new shop that opened in Katy Beau Kisses. There is this new artist that Donna Downey has promoted once before her name is Kelly Rae Roberts. Her artwork is a little eclectic but I like it. Well, my friend Sarah and I saw some of her artwork in Beau Kisses. When I looked at the price I nearly fell back. A small canvas piece was $50. Sarah gave me the encouragement to create my own KRR piece. I'm going to buy her book Take Flight..... to see if I can create my own inspired piece.

If there is one thing I admire is these two women and any artist out there that believes in themselves to go out and make their art a career.

One of my goals for 2010 is to do the same. You may not find my artwork at your local retailer, but my inspired piece will be mine to enjoy and maybe share with you.

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

I could find your lovely artwork at a retail store.....you are good enough! Carpe Diem!