Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Creative Challenge

I issued a weekend challenge last week to some girls in my scrapbook group. The challenge was to do a creative project, whether it’s scrapbooking, art, or a housing project.

January is kind of a downer month and the feedback I was getting was their create outlet was not gelling this month. Well the challenge was to spark some energy to get creating again, but I also issued a reward for those that did meet the challenge. We had three creative ladies that stepped up:
  • Brenda created cookie sheet calendars. These are awesome, I have one my refrigerator.
  • Lori did a room makeover. She re-did her daughter’s room as a birthday gift.
  • Allie worked on Valentine cards for her nephew.

Take a look at some of their creations below.



I participated in the challenge myself, because 1) how can you issue a challenge without participating yourself 2) I needed things that needed to be completed, and 3) I can be a little competitive sometimes.

I completed two projects: a circle journal about my pets and a SS (secret sister) gift swap. My scrapbook group and I have participated in several circle journals, this is the fourth round. A circle journal is a book passed along through a group, each adding to that journal. In our case it’s creating scrapbook pages with a theme in mind. My circle journal this round is about my pets. In past rounds, I have created a music theme, girly theme, and my 10 favorite things.



The SS gift swap is a trade of creative items we make. Each girl was given another girls name to swap items with and we had to create something warm and cozy to take away those winter blues. My item is a recycled peanut jar with some fun stuff inside (I can’t say what’s inside because my SS may see). I used spring colors to brighten up her dreary days and added flowers to look forward to Spring.

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

fun stuff....thanks for the challenge. I am posting my cj on my blog tonite