Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dewberry Farms

Dewberry Farms has come a long way in five years. The last time I took Samantha she was about five years old. They were a small farm with a corn field maze, some farm animals, and corn wagon train-that's it! Well they sure have grown!

Some friends, Samantha, and I went out Saturday evening and I was truly impressed with what they have out there now. Samantha called it a country amusement park. They have something for every age group, which makes it great for the parents. Samantha and her friend did the zip line, farm flinger, walked through the corn maze twice, swung on the black momba, rolled in the large crate wheel, and ended with a pumpkin stroll. The pumpkin stroll was awesome. I tried to take the pictures, but I did not have my camera adjusted correctly for night pictures and I could not see out there. I have posted a few that were presentable. There were several themes in the pumpkin stroll: all about Texas, sports, politics, cartoons, and scary.

Next year I think I will buy a season pass and hit Dewberry on the weekends for fun. There was some great eating too: turkey legs, roasted corn, kettle korn, and homebaked goods. I am sure next year there will be another addition to this farm pasture attraction. Like the movie "Field of Dreams"....if you build it they will come.

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

I"ve been meaning to go, I hear great t hings about it, We'll have to go next year.