Monday, December 1, 2008

Post - Thanksgiving happenings

Black Friday - used to be really into it, not so much anymore. Hector did get up to go and get a couple of items he wanted and went on a semi-Christmas hunt. I stayed in bed.

After the crazy crowds I ventured out and it was not too bad. Hector said the crowds were worse earlier in the morning. Michaels and Hobby Lobby were having awesome sales, but I stayed clear because I knew that I would get in trouble if I went into those stores. I think the worse store I went into that looked like a hurricane had gone through it was - OLD NAVY. I mean, why can't people just put the items back where they found it and not on the floor.

Saturday was a good day! Since I purchased my new camera, I have been playing around with the idea of doing part-time weekend photography. Like family pictures, engagement photos, simple weddings, etc. Well I had my second photo shoot on Saturday and I was pleased. I believe the family was happy too.

I met the family in League City and took some pictures around a local park. Right across one of the parks was an mock railroad station. We took some pictures of them on the tracks and I think she (Melinda) liked those the most. I want to show people they can get out of the standard picture zone (i.e. Sears portrait studio and fake background shots). I have a couple of more coming up in the next week, so look for more postings soon. I posted some of her pictures above.



As mentioned in and early posting - Procrastination. I am still working on my giftie swap and that is what I worked on some over the weekend. I started simple and like always I would walk away and say it needs more the next day. So, I added more. Well the end product turned out great, but getting the first one is always hard because my ideas go in several directions. I am making a desk organizer. The one item posted in the picture above is going to my scrapping friend Nichole. She wanted something for her daughter's room, Naomi. The other one in the making is for my friend Brenda and she will be using it in her office. You can put anything in the mason jars, but the key is to keep your room organized.

Wish I could have another holiday day. I could use it to finish my giftie swap!

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Awesome as always!!!

staskym said...

I am stealing the idea from you with the jars!!! thank you ahead of time
also that family has some very handsome children don't you think? (roflmao)