Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Dash, Dine, and Doze



Thanksgiving - where did it go? Was I there?

The day was just a whirlwind day for me. The night before I put my turkey into cook and was watching it carefully all night. I was afraid it was going to burn, because it was my first turkey to cook. Hector always frys one, but this year he did not want to.

After the last alarm went off at 6am, I figured it was time to wake up and get ready for the Turkey Dash 5K run. My turkey was resting on the stove, so I headed off to do my duty and burn off those calories for the day. The run started at 8:15 am and boy were there a lot of people there. Honestly, my body was not into it - my time was 39.14. That is an aweful time!!! I did it year before last in 35.10 and I had hoped to beat that time. I run at least 2-3 days a week, so I should have been in my zone, but I wasn't. Maybe it was the lack of sleep the night before.

When I got back from the run, I took a quick shower and headed off to Victoria to spend the Thanksgiving day with my family. We got there with some time to spare and by that time I was starving, because all I had was a diet coke and a bottled water. I munched on some cookies until lunch was ready. We had a great festive spread as always. Aunt Mary decided to play games afterwards, but my body was telling me chill girl! So I did. I fell a sleep for about an hour and a half and it felt like the day had flown by me.

Next year, I am catering it so I can enjoy a goods night rest before my run!

No comments: