Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tiger Territory

Labor day weekend me and the family headed to Baton Rouge, LA to visit our old neighbors - The Asaros.

It was a great weekend catching up on new and old gossip, over indulging on great creole food, and exploring the LSU campus.
The campus was a lot smaller than I expected, considering their alumni are super BIG supporters. It was fun going behind the scenes visiting the athletic departments. Renee's dad coaches the girls basketball team there. We visited his office and got to see all of his awards. I fell in love with the awesome computer screen of his. I would love to have that! Great for photo edits.
We toured the area where Renee and her parents live and it is really nice! I love the architecture of the plantation homes and iron works. Ms. Renee bought Samantha some LSU clothing, although she will still remain loyal to UT (University of Texas). We got to see a glimpse of Mike the Tiger Mascot as he lounged in his habitat. We then headed to an awesome place for some great creole food. OMG...it was so good too! I had to come back on Monday to do some running. I felt like I gained 10 lbs over the weekend.


Well they promised to visit us in Ocotber if we had a Halloween party. I don't know if that's going to happen, but we will see.

Side note:
I took a picture of this wall art in one of the administration building, I am doing my study in a safari theme. Maybe I can duplicate it. This picture went for $50,000 then donated back to the school. I believe one of the students painted this print. That takes care of tuition for at least two years!

No comments: