Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday

If you link wearing fun and funky jewelry, you will like today’s feature.

The latest jewelry crazy is memory glass charms. I saw them all over Round Top on my visit a couple of weeks ago. The booths were crazy with people buying them. I recently just purchased one off of Etsy. After studying my new purchase, I knew I could make them myself. I searched YouTube for tutorials, below are the links I found. I have also attached a picture of the charm I purchased.

This first video provides a tutorial for soldering the two memory glasses together. I just happen to have all the soldering tools from a stained glass class I took.



This second video provides a tutorial for non-soldering. The memory glasses can be purchased at Michaels or any craft store. I’m going to attempt one day soon to create my own piece. When it’s completed I’ll share!




Here is the piece I purchased off Etsy. Imagine the cool memory charms you can create for Mother’s Day, Christmas, or birthdays. http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtUnderGlass

No comments: