Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday


My weight loss program is going great so far; however I still have 10 more pounds to go. What discourages my spirit is that those last 10-15 pounds are always the hardest! Since I hit my 40’s it has been challenging keeping the weight off, even with eating in moderation.

I’ve been doing all kinds of research on what is the best way to lose my mid-section. Apparently the best way of getting rid of that is eating more grains and extensive core exercise. Yes, I am working out, but apparently not hard enough and age does have a lot to do with it. The site WebMD has a great article on trimming belly fat and other health and diet issues. I love this site for searching all kinds of medical issues and health information.

Another issue I have is that I am not a big water drinker. As a matter of fact I hate water. My drink of choice is iced tea or Diet Coke. I know that water is a better source for me, but it makes me gag when I drink it (strange I know).

A friend who is extremely health conscious told me of a new alternative sweetner – Stevia. She said if I like iced tea I should consider using one of these products instead of Equal or Splenda. Stevia is a little more expensive, but I’m liking it!

Another reason for laying off the alternative sweetners – my family. They drive me crazy about drinking Diet Coke, but then I should them this article in Time Magazine and they pretty much have given up swaying me away from DC.

No comments: