Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday

Do you like reading? Today’s feature will provide you links to book sites for fun reading.

I just finished EAT, PRAY, LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert. Can I tell you that it was the hardest read I’ve had to endure. I heard it was such a great book by many friends and it was on the NY Bestsellers list for a while. Oprah even gave it a good rating and it is being made into a movie this summer. I just had to read it of course! I think it took me 3 months to get through it. My carpool buddies even made fun of me and said “if you hate it why are you reading it?” Well, I’m not sure really. Maybe I just wanted to see what everyone else saw in the book. You probably do not care Ms. Gilbert, but I definitely will not pick up your new book Committed.

The next book on my list is THE NEXT THING ON MY LIST by Jill Smolinski. One of my carpool buddies suggested it. She said “this will be a much easier and fun book to read.” She was right I really am enjoying it! Short synopsis: It’s about a girl fulfilling a bucket list of someone else that died and was not able to start the list. I think we should all have bucket list in our lives because it always gives us something to strive for and cross off once completed. Yes, I do have one. Unfortuantely I have only one thing crossed off.

I found three sites this week that you can bookmark in your favorites on suggested book reading.

If you like girly books, not necessarily romance novels but fun silly chick books then you will like Chick Lit Reviews . I’ve already found a couple I would like to read.

Books On The Nightstand is a great site for all kinds of books. It provides podcast on synopsis of books and interviews with the authors. The blog writers of this site are in the publishing industry and in the know of new and upcoming books in the publishing world.

Books On The Brain is another blog site I found. The author is a book club coordinator and has an area with book reviews on books she has read. She also has a great blogroll if you’re interested in surfing through other book sites.

Happy reading and if you grab one of these books from one of the sites listed, be sure to come back and leave a review on the comments.

2 comments:

Scrapbookallie said...

You know I love to read! thanks for the tips

SweetmamaK said...

Good tips! Thanks for sharing!