Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday

Even if you’re not an artist, scrapbooker, gardener, baker, or cook – do you have a creative space?

Artist – have studios, scrappers have scrapping rooms, gardeners have outdoor gardens, and bakers/cooks have the kitchen. Even writers, readers, knitters, and mom’s need creative spaces. Sometimes these creative spaces are places where we just need to think and relax for the moment.

When we moved into our current house five years ago my main concern was that we have an extra room or study for me to work in. In our old home I did not have a space for myself and I had craft stuff stored in miscellaneous rooms. That was truly a hassle! It’s taken me five years to get the room where I want it. There is still a lot more to be done in there, but a little at a time will do.

Cyber-Site Tuesday focuses on links from creative spaces of artist around the US. I like to visit many of these sites for ideas. If you ever have a chance pick up a Studios magazine, you will be amazed at the designs of these art studios. Some are neat, others eclectic and colorful.

I have also provided links to some individual scrapping rooms. I love Amanda’s site where you can click on the drawers of her desk and you can actually see what is in that drawer. I love the color of Krystal’s room. The lime green and blue go great together.

Finally I am posting pictures of my own scraproom. I came up with the color scheme, because most of the colors in my house are warm tones (browns, red, yellow, and rust). Then the idea of a safari theme came to mind. I have always loved animal prints, so why not make my creative space WILD!

The organizer is an IKEA expedite system. I have filled it with miscellaneous baskets and glass containers. Some of the animal pieces on the top shelf come from Hobby Lobby and Home Goods, with the exception of the lion tile - I painted it! The wall pieces come from the San Antonio Zoo. I bought them at a gift shop there for 50% off! Finally an art piece that I have been working on for a while, it’s a quadrangle animal print consisting of 5x7 canvases. I’m pretty happy of how it came out. I hope to create some more art pieces for the room, put a futon or chaise lounge on the long wall, and buy a flat screen for the wall facing my desk.
Click to play this Smilebox collage: scraproom
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Another picture collage by Smilebox

I could spend the whole day in there sometime!

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

I love all of the sites. I should clean up my scraproom so I can take a decent picture, huh?