Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cyber-Site Tuesday - It's Back!




Last year I had a Tuesday feature on my blog titled Cyber-Site Tuesday. I would blog about sites that were of interest to me and ideas I had running through my head. I have decided to bring it back for the sake of my few readers and research for my personal use.

Today's feature is Summer Fun. For most parents finding something for your children to do during the summer is sometimes a hardship. When my daughter was younger I had her in Summer Camps. Sometimes she liked going and other days she did not. For at home moms you have to find entertainment for your kids while at home, otherwise you hear "I'm bored."

I remember as a kid my grandparents always having something for us to do in the Summer. It was not always fun, but it was something to do. Two of my favorite days were Wednesday's and Friday's. On Wednesday's my grandparents would go get bread and feed for their animals, which meant a visit to Mr. Monte's farm. It was like Willie Wonka's paradise. Mr. Monte had a feed/convenience store. He also had a vegetable and fruit farm which he sold fresh produce in his store. Mr. Monte used to let me and my cousins pick as much fruit or berries off his trees/vines for free, then he would give us bags of penny candy for 10 cents (maybe that was what it was worth, but we did not know better). Grandpa used to let us sit in the back of the truck and on the way home we would overload on all that sugar.

You are probably wondering what does this have to do with the Summer Fun. I told this story to show that you do not always have to spend money to show your child a good time. It is the memory that stays with the child. Create a fun jar or activity fun bag and have your kid(s) choose their fun activity for the day. See what family fun activites are in your neighborhood, google websites like this one Family Fun Houston.

Although, my daughter is bigger I am going to create a fun jar for her. My plans are to take a couple of Friday's off during the summer to enjoy some of those fun days with her.

Happy Summer Fun!

No comments: