Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cyber-Site Tuesday

Guilty Pleasures.

We all have guilty pleasures that we indulge in every now and then – or maybe all the time!
Today’s Cyber-Site tour takes you to my top 10 Guilty Pleasures with a summer twist.

1. I love sitting by the pool or outside with a good book, with hours of uninterrupted time. It doesn’t happen too often, but when I get the opportunity I definitely take the time to enjoy it! With a trip to Miami just around the corner I need to load up on some good reading. Check out the LA Times list of Summer Reading.

2. Day Trips and fun finds. With gas being the price that it is now, we don’t do very many day trips like we used to. I love taking day trips to surrounding little Texas towns and exploring around or just enjoying the day. Kemah is a great day trip, but you better be ready to spend some money. Here is a list from Day Trips from Houston: Getaway Ideas for the Local Traveler.

3. Outdoor theater or watching movies outdoors. There is nothing nostalgic like a drive in theater. Last year we took Samantha and some of her friends to see Shriek at The Showboat in Hockley, TX. They thought it was so cool to watch a movie from our car.

4. Sketching and painting outside. I love to play with my art and I try to get in any opportunity possible. I love sitting underneath a tree, with pencil or paint in hand and painting a picture of the landscape around me, or coming up with my own creation.

5. Summer Foods-fattening but oooh so good! There is nothing that says summer like homemade ice cream, watermelon, lemonade, BBQ, hot dogs and hamburgers. I used to love to make homemade ice cream with my grandparents during the summer. Now it is so much easier to run to the local Baskin Robbins or HEB and buy it or. If you do not have an ice cream maker, here is another way to make it. Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag.

6. Summer Cocktails! I love a good summer refreshing cocktail when lounging by the pool or just hanging out. 30 Summer Cocktails & Drinks

7. Pedicures. I do not get a chance to have a pedicure very often, but when I do - my feet thank me! It’s always fun to have a cute design added to show off when wearing cute summer sandals.

8. Traveling can be anyone’s guilty pleasure, but if you ever are looking for a quick weekend getaway, Fredericksburg, TX is the place. I love visiting there. It has been a couple of years since we have been there. I think it is time to put it on the calendar. Things to do in Fredericksburg: Enchanted Rock, Wine Tours, Herb Farm, and Horse Back Riding.

9. Listening to nostalgic music. Preferrably music that reminds me of my youth.
Songs that remind me of a particular time in my life. The other day I heard Colour My World by Chicago. That song reminds me of every wedding first dance or graduation party I attended as a kid. I loved it then and still do. Even had it played at my own wedding.

10. A day to do whatever I want to do with no schedule.

1 comment:

Haden said...

Niceeee , keep it up dont forget to subscribe