Monday, May 9, 2011

Promises sometimes can't be kept

I made a promise to myself and all 2 of my readers to keep up with my blog this year and I haven't.

I blame Facebook! I choose not to post my whole life story on FB and I favor blogging as my only outlet. Blogging is also a great way to journal.

Well since my last post a lot has happened. I have been busy on the road a lot for work, but they is slowing down a bit. The family has been busy with Samantha's team sports and I have had a couple of photography shoots.

Back in February I took some pictures of Baby Cheyanne Carter. I had taken her parents wedding pictures back in September. Her Aunt Holli gave a portrait sitting to her parents as a baby shower gift. My success with baby portraits has not been great, so I had no idea what I was going to be able to deliver. I would have to say that this photo shoot was a 50/50 success. I was happy with only about half of them. That is when I realized that maybe baby portraits were just not for me. Below are some of Cheyanne's portraits that I am proud to claim I did.



I also, just completed a senior shoot. I am in the process of edits and will post sometime this week. This was my first boy senior shoot and again I was not sure what I would be able to deliver. I have done two girls and with girls you can glam up, but not so much with boys. I would have the client stand in a particular position that I was used to setting up girls with and then have to step back to see if it looked crazy for a boy to stand or sit that way. Overall I was happy with all the pictures and so was the mom. She even sent me an email and stated that there were so many good ones she did not know which to pick for his invitations.

No comments: