Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cyber-Site Tuesday

As promised after my photography challenge I would bring Cyber-Site Tuesday back.

Today's feature is about food. The other day my family and I were having a conversation about food and the process of creating a great meal from a list of ingredients. After that conversation my conclusion is cooking is an art itself. I have quickly learned that you either have the ability to create or cook a great masterpiece or simple art piece or not. My idea of a great masterpiece is a well layed out 3 course dinner - appetizer, meal, and dessert. A simple art piece is just a simple meal - i.e. tacos.

If I had more time, I probably would experiement more in the kitchen. I love to cook, but hate the mess!

My ideal of a great masterpiece - gorgonzola salad, stuffed shrimp, and chocolate/chocolate cake. On a recent family trip I made my famous gorgonzola salad. I recieved a lot of backlash in the beginning, especially from the bigger kiddos in the group and the picky eaters. I have to say that after the meal was over, every one said I want that salad by itself tomorrow (even the doubters).






Cooking can be stressful for some and I am one of those individuals that can stress about it. What to cook for dinner, changing up the pattern of our meals, and creating great meals for a special function.

Below are some recipe and meal planner blogs I found while blog hopping. I found some great recipes to use and most importantly plan out the meals before getting in the kitchen.

Recipe Blogs:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe-finder/
http://paisleypassions.blogspot.com/2011/05/fun-w-food-friday-linky-party_27.html
http://www.theperfectpantry.com/

No comments: