Friday, July 8, 2011

Family, Fourth, and Fireworks

4th of July turned out to be better than expected. Texas has had such a draught this year, fireworks were banned nearly everywhere. I honestly can not remember a year in my life where I have not popped fireworks personally - this had to be the first year.
Although, I do enjoy the big firework shows.

We started out the day with a cookout-hot dog, hamburgers, and cupcakes. Below was my contribution to the fun fooderie. I found some cute cupcake liners to wrap around cupcakes.


Samantha, her cousin, and some of the neighbors started a game of water balloon toss.



Night fell and the family headed to La Centerra for the local firework show. It was a little shorter than last year, but after seeing the grass fires around the firework explosion area, I could understand why.



Our annual 4th of July picture to add to my scrapbook.

No comments: