Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spooks, Goblins and Creatures of Hallows Eve

'Tis now the very witching time of night, When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world. -William Shakespeare

I love Halloween! I love the colors, the spirit of the season, and the great costumes.

As I child I remember gathering with my school friends in town (I lived out in a rural area - where houses were miles in between) to go out trick or treating. The costumes were not fancy like they are now. They were pretty much plastic faces with flamable made clothing, not safe, but I don't think safety was the concern.

I'm older now and still love the dressing up and decorating for the season. Every year we add new decorative additions outside and inside to our home. The theme outside this year was to make a spooky graveyard. I think it's getting pretty close, we just need a fog machine now.

Inside the house I created mantle of potion bottles from bottles I found in Round Top. Love the look, but I need some creepy spiders. Our house is officially ready for Halloween!

No comments: