Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday


I consider myself to be a semi-thrifty shopper and always looking for a great deal – aren’t we all! At one time I never went to the grocery store without coupons in hand. Then they became a hassle and I quit cutting them. I’ve learned there is no better way of saving a dime than to put forth the effort to save.

I’m back to coupon clipping again and since I do not receive the local paper anymore, I had to look for alternative options. Target is my store of choice for shopping, for both non-grocery and grocery items. In Texas, HEB claims to be the cheapest grocer - NOT! I’ve saved almost $2-$3 dollars on meats and other items at Target.

A lot of my friends are using weekly menu planning and checking local grocery ads for sale prices before planning their meals. It’s a great idea - I just don’t have the time. I found this site the couponsavinggame.com as an alternative to having all coupons including clothing retailers in one spot. Check out the Blogroll in the toolbar above right, there are other coupon sites. Since I am a Target shopper I tend to use more of their coupons. This past Sunday I went and saved $9, not much when you see it written, but every little dollar adds up.

Hope this site helps in your next grocery trip!

No comments: