Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creative Play

The weekend goes by and I make plans to dedicate a day to finishing some type of project. It never works out, which is why I try to get away for a day to scrapbook outside of my house at least once a month.

This weekend was a good weekend. I was able to finish a word project that me and my scrapbook buddies are working on jointly. Six other girls and myself are altering wood letters to form a creative word. The word is IMAGINE. Each girl was given a letter and we each have to alter it with only black, white, and Ocean (CTMH color) paper. My letter was “A”. See my creative letter below. We do not all have to use the same black and white paper, but keep with the Ocean color.

I created a rosette flower in Ocean paper and sprayed it with Tattered Angels/Pearl Glimmer
Mist. The Glimmer Mist is messy to work with, but I really like the effect it gives. I’ll definitely be buying more colors. When I receive all of the letters from the girls, I will post a picture of all of our altered letters.

Below are some pages I created for two circle journals in my scrapping group. I created these a couple of weekends back I was just got lazy and never uploaded them until now. The Disney page is for Brenda whose book is about family and family vacations. She is a big Disney fan and family vacations there quite often. I hope this page fits with her many pictures. I left a journaling area on the upper right so that she could journal the page of her trip or cut and paste character autographs.

The second set of pages is for Lori. Her circle journal is about songs that her family likes or that describe someone in her family. I chose “Brown Eyed Girl”. She requested that you use the title somewhere on the page with the wording of the song and leave somewhere for her to put pictures. I feel like I have used this paper line a thousand times over, CTMH More to Adore, but I like it! I guess it’s just that pink and brown combination.

3 comments:

Misty said...

These are all awesome! Can't wait to get those letters!

rachaelwood said...

Such cute letters! Glad you got to love the glimmer mist! I keep acquiring bottles and bottles and don't use it nearly enough!

Scrapbookallie said...

What great pages for the journals and I really like your letters!