Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday

Okay this whole recycling craze is nothing new to me. If you only knew the ways my grandmother would recycle items and because of her I have learned a lot about making that one item last a little longer.

I’ve always recycled gift bags, birthday and Christmas. I have often fussed with family members for sticking gift stickers and writing on the bags. Of course their comment is “It was only $1 I’ll go buy you another”. That is besides the point it has many years of good use. To this day I use glass pickle, mayo, and condiment jars to store lots of household items. A good cleaning from the inside and boiling with hot water takes the stink of the product that was previously inside of it right out.

Well this week’s Cyber-Sites are about ways of recycling products. Take a look at this site Recycle This from the UK. It’s a great site and has given me lots of ideas. Speaking of recycling and bringing another item back to life, a neighbor of mine was throwing away this perfectly good portable tool keeper the other day. I went over there and told him I was taking it and he said “go right ahead”. It was a little dirty with cobwebs and rust from the tools, but with some soap and water it became brand new. It will now be my new portable scrapbook crop keeper. It has lots of great compartments to load up with lots of my scrapping goodies when I go on crops.
The crafters reading this post check out this blog: craftside.typepad.com. It teaches you how to use recycling products to make craft items. Scroll down to the posting on February 12. How cool is that! As you know I am a big Tim Holtz fan and I plan on creating something like this soon!

Before you throw that empty can, box of cereal, jug of milk, or glass container think of another use for it!

1 comment:

staskym said...

THANKS! like i really needed ANOTHER blog to go to, but of course it was added to my favorites lol