Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I found a new home

In a previous blog post from a couple of weeks ago I mentioned two sites that showed you how to reinvent old items into new items. Well I went out garage sale shopping this past weekend. The two items I did buy were not really in any need of reinventing, they were pretty much in good shape. One thing I did learn, if you don’t claim it when you see it, then it’s not going to be there when you get back. I lost out to a very cute Parisian cart because of this. It would have looked great in my study or dining room. Oh well!

Here are my finds:

A canvas print of Italian coffee now hangs over my pantry door in my kitchen. I had been meaning for the longest to try and find something for the only wall space I have in my kitchen. The red colors in the picture match well with the red on my bar counter. Listed for $10, I offered him $5. Sale price - $5.
My second find was an old picnic basket. The bamboo was a little fragile, but when I got home I pulled the pieces out that were holding the lid in place and tied it off with an animal print ribbon. This basket now serves as my scrap basket for all of my scrap pieces of scrapbook paper. Cute & neat and goes with the theme of my scraproom. Listed for $5, I offered her $3. Sale price - $3.

What old treasure can you find a new home for?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome finds! I LOVE to go to garage sales. We should meet somewhere sometime and go together!

Julie
(jewel)