Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Keeping Up

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have been a slacker in my blog postings. Well I hope to redeem myself by having a post everyday until the end of the year. So, come back tomorrow there will be something new to read.

Below are some of the projects that I have been working on with my scrapbooking group. I started a tradition about four years ago to do a holiday recipe swap (trading recipes). I come up with creative ideas to present our recipes, besides the traditional 3x5 recipe card. One year we attached 4x4 recipes to a wooden spoon and embellished the spoon, another year we presented the recipes in a chinese take out boxes, last year we did a 6x6 book of recipes based on seasonal favorites. I sent the recipes back with matching kitchen mitts.
2008 recipe swap

This year I came up with the idea of altering a drink holder from Chick-Fil-A and added recipes on one side and baking items on the other. Each girl that participated sent in one recipe and one baking item. Some of the items were: cookie cutters, spatula, oven mitts, measuring spoons, etc. The project turned out really cute. Take a look below. The recipes are awesome too!



Next year is going to be a challenge! I better start brainstorming ideas.

1 comment:

The Dippel Family said...

You need to sell these! I would love to use them for Christmas presents.