Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Photographer Who Forgot

Haven't you heard of the analogy the carpenter who has his house in need of repair, the accoutant that can't keep their own finances in order, and the hairdresser who is in need of a haircut. Well I'm adding myself to the mix: the photographer who never gets the chance to get her own pictures done!

Last year I ran out of time and we did not get our family pictures done. I was determined this year to get them done early. With my schedule the way it's been these last few months, I just did not have the time to fit it in. Then the dreadful days of overcast and rain came that made it even harder to fit in. Finally, there was a break this past Sunday and I asked my neice Bianca to please take our pictures. I was not going to let another year go by without a family picture. This year we included our four legged children - Lilli and Oreo, which added to the mix of chaos. I told Bianca to say treat when she took the picture and they would look at her and it worked.

The only thing I do not like about taking pictures is the fact that I do not know if we are positioned right. Am I smiling right or is Hector smiling (he hates to smile). Sometimes I just need to step away from the lens and let some one else control the shutter! Below are some of our family photos, the best will be going out in our family Christmas card.



No comments: