Friday, December 18, 2009

My Grandparents

This time of year is really a hard time for me because my grandparents are no longer with us to celebrate the holidays. I truly miss them. They were such a big part of my life and everyone in the family.

Whenever me and my cousins get together we talk about the wonderful days of our childhood and the great memories Grandpa Chris & Grandma Mary made for us. Of course life was sooooo much simpler and you did not have to spend a fortune to have a good time.

One of my fondest memories was New Years. My grandparent's siblings and their families would come to my grandparents house and we would eat and just have a great time enjoying each other's company. On New Years my grandfather would convert the garage into our own little party lounge. He and grandma would set up the stereo system, provide us a portable heater, and had a table with lots of goodies. Hmmm...come to think of it maybe it was their way of keeping us out from their own party inside! Actually the adults would come outside sometimes to move to the groovin' tunes that DJ Arcalee was spinning (who would of thought that I would have fell into radio). Watching them do the Soul Train line was hilarious, even grandpa and grandma moved on down the Soulllllllllllll Train line.

I'm so blessed for the wonderful memories they left me and my family with.

No comments: