Monday, March 8, 2010

The Academy Award goes to…..



I stayed up way too late watching the Academy Awards last night, but I never miss them. Even when I was a kid I loved watching all the glitz and glamour of the awards.

What I particularly missed this year was the award ballots that we passed around at work. Every year our graphics department would compose a ballot of all of the awards and we would have to cast our votes in for who we thought would win. First place usually got a gift card + a spa day somewhere. Second and third place usually just got the Target GC (but I was okay with that). Well those days are over-due to the BIG layoff consolidation

I’m so happy that two of my picks got awarded – Sandra Bullock and Jeff Bridges.
I love Sandra Bullock and The Blind Side was such an awesome movie. She just seems like she has an all around girl personality, which is why I like her. She also has made Austin, Texas the location of her production company Fortis Films and has several other businesses in the area. She’s not Texan by birth, but we accept her with open arms.

I haven’t seen Crazy Heart yet, but definitely plan too. I was happy that Jeff won and I loved his acceptance speech. Thanking his mom and dad for “turning him onto such a groovy profession”. Jeff reminds me of old Hollywood, maybe because of his parents. I watched his dad, Lloyd Bridges, in many western movies with my grandfather. Another reason I want to see the movie, I heard it was filmed in New Mexico (Santa Fe & Albuquerque). I’ve visited both of those cities and that vacation has to be on the tops of one of my favorites. I loved the people, food, and scenery.

Congrats to all the winners, but finally someone prevails on my list of favorites!

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

I loved the Blind Side too with Sandra Bulloch. She is a great actress. I am glad she won!