Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cyber-Site Tuesday


Today’s site reverts back to a post from a couple of weeks ago, RECYCLING!

I love refinishing and reinventing a new item from something old. Unfortunately, due to time and storage issues I have not had the opportunity to do any of that in a looooong time. The last project that I did was to take an old 3 drawer dresser and create a wine cabinet for my entry hallway.

A friend and I did craft shows many years ago. She and I used reclaimed fence wood to make craft projects. I created wooden crates with a holiday motif and she did yard art. We actually did pretty well with it but it takes time and lots of storage space, which I do not have a lot of right now.

I’ve been thinking about getting back into refurbishing and selling some of my items on Ebay or Etsy. Maybe one project at a time would make the storage space not seem like such a problem (actually it’s not a problem for me, but for my husband – he likes a clean garage).


I found Reinvented a couple of weeks ago as I was browsing for ideas to create. There are some neat projects on this blog. It also includes a blogroll of other blogs who are re-creating new products from old items. In the blogroll I found My Dear Trash and this person is doing exactly what I would like to do, market my new products on Etsy and Ebay. Check out her March 10 post.

Lucky for me Round Top Market Days is coming up in a couple weeks. I’m going to start making my wish list in preparation for my shopping junk spree!

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

I want to go junk shopping after I throw away all my good junk!