Friday, March 26, 2010

Bieber-Mania

Justin Bieber-mania is sweeping the nation and has invaded my home!
Last Sunday I took Samantha and a couple of her friends to see Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. I do believe that every pre-teen and teen age girl in the state of Texas must have been there!

Prior to the show, the girls and I visited the midway full of colorful carnival rides. Samantha and her friends are brave souls riding those looped to looped rides. I just can’t do it! Never have been able to, I cannot stand that nervous stomach feeling. The lines were horrendous and they were longer than the ride itself. The girls finally got tired of waiting in lines and had ridden most of the rides they wanted to adventure on. What tickets we had leftover we handed them off to another family to enjoy.

We made the trek into Reliant Stadium to go enjoy the show! Unfortunately, we had to wait in more lines in there - a line for over-priced t-shirts, a line for pizza, and a line for the bathrooms. My patience was wearing very thin at this point and I exploded! We had been waiting in line for pizza for about 20 minutes when I realize that no one is taking any more orders (BTW…the girls just had to have pizza). I went to the front of the line to ask what was going on and the lady at the counter told me they were backed up and they were not taking any more orders. I proceeded to say “so you’re just going to let us stay in line until you got caught up and not say anything.” How crazy of them not to have some pizzas ready to go, knowing that you have 70K+ people walking through the doors. Finally, after I threw my irate tantrum, Samantha and her friends got their pizza. Persistence of impatience does pay!

After a long day and several hours of watching rodeo action, Selena Gomez takes the stage. She was okay, but her tribute to Selena Quintanilla was the best part of her performance. She mentioned that she was named after Selena Q and that she wanted to dedicate the performance to her family. Selena G. sang “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” and she did great! It actually made me cry, because the last time I saw Selena Q. was at the HLSR which was her last performance before she died.

Selena exits and then enters the star of the show - Justin Bieber. The crowd roars and pandemonium begins! He actually was better than I thought he would be. He did an acoustic version of his new song, while playing guitar. He also did a small solo on drums. Quite the musician, I was not expecting it!



  • Rodeo rides and tickets $200
  • Food, t-shirt, and other goodies $65
  • See your daughter have a good time with a smile on her face - Priceless (That is what it's all about)

1 comment:

Scrapbookallie said...

It sounds so fun. Except for the stupid pizza line! I love Selena Gomez! I don't even know who Justin Bieber is? You are a brave soul to do stuff like this with the girls. I have to go lots of places with just boys! I'm jealous!