Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Adults like Halloween too!

Click to play Halloween 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Have you noticed that Halloween is not just for kids anymore. Adults are really enjoy the parties and the dressing up as much as the kids. I don't ever remember my parents or grandparents dressing up for Halloween and getting into the holiday as much as I do today.

Saturday evening (10/24) we went to my supervisor's (Tim) Halloween party. I spent all week worried about what to wear, because I just knew Tim and his wife's costumes were going to be fabulous. Lucky for me I have a daughter that loves being outlandish and she helped me get dressed. She helped me dress as the Devil's Temptress. We went and bought some red hair color, fake nails, and blood red lipstick. The rest of the costume was put together with what I had in my closet and her devils cape, horns, and pitchfork from last year. I think my costume came out pretty good considering it was thrown together. As for Hector, he just pulled out the Zorro costume from last year and called it a night.

We arrived at his house and it inevitably stood out from the others. The best decorated I must say. Tim was dressed as a Tiki God (he has a tiki bar in his backyard) and Blair was Cruella de Vil. Other guest arrived as Urkel from "Family Matters", Slash "Guns N Roses", Courtney Love, Cesar, and the St. Paulie Girl. They even gave mini-oscars for best costumes. I must say my highlight of the night was the Ghostini's. See recipe below.

The Ghostini's
1oz Midori
1oz Sweet and Sour
2oz Vodka

No comments: