Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pandemonium of Pumpkins

Click to play Pumpkin Party 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
The Pumpkin Carving Party turned out to be a great success! I think the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids. It's funny how the inner child comes out in adults during those fun made holidays for kids.

I was not able to make everything on my menu, due to time constraints, but I did make a majority of it. My chili, I mean my graveyard dirt, went over so well that Samantha and I did not even get to have any. Guess I need to make more next time. I made my Skeleton Dip, which did not go over so well, but at least it looked pretty. I guess no one wanted veggies. We had salad with them the next day. The mummy dogs were a hit and easy to make.

We started the festivies with musical chairs for the wee ones. They seemed to like it after they got the hung of what they needed to do. Then we did bobbing for apples. I forget how hard this could be-those apples just want to sink when you try to bite down on one. Then all of us got into the painting, scooping, and carving of our pumpkins. Lucky for us the new neighbors had just moved in over the weekend and they had ton of moving boxes, which we used to collect all of the insides from the pumpkins. Some people who painted their pumpkins used it as their painting palette. When it was time to clean up, we just folded the boxes together and walla we were done!

Next year it will be bigger and better. The gears in my head are already spinning!

No comments: