Monday, October 20, 2008

Creative and Productive



Creative and productive that was what my weekend was all about. I am in my best state when I am moving and ideas are just generating from my head like wildfire.
  1. I made my Halloween invites for our Pumpkin Carving Party next Sunday (10/26). I wasn't going to have a party, but I had several request and I just couldn't let them down - could I? Hosting parties and gatherings are costly and timely, but you know when it's something you like to do, you just overlook those things (Hector would think otherwise).


  2. I took Samantha on her annual pumpkin patch photo shoot. I have been taking her since she was a year old. She also looks forward to it. It's a tradition I hope she carries on with her children when she has them. It's also fun to see her growing up in the photos. Maybe the same setting every year, with pumpkins every where, but I also see her growing up into a young woman in those photos. We took Oreo and Lilli this year. I did not know what to expect from both of them, but they did good. We bought them costumes and decide to take them along for the ride so they could show them off. I never thought I would be one of those people who would dress up their dogs, but the costumes were so cute I could not resist.


  3. After the pumpkin patch, I went out craft show shopping. Solo of course. Hector and Samantha found it would be too excruciating to go. I used to do the craft show circut with a friend about 10 years ago and I have to admit the shows now are awful. Nothing is handmade anymore. They go buy all of the stuff from those (Harwin district) warehouses and bring them to craft shows to pawn off.


  4. I was so unhappy with the craft shows, but along the way I found some cute shops in Old Town Katy. This will be my new shopping place! There are about 5-6 antique stores, somewhat reasonably priced. At one of the shops I went into, I ran into Judy Bielec. Name sound familiar. She is Frank Bielec's wife (Trading Spaces Frank). They live in Katy and she was in the store visiting with her friend, who I guess owns the store and she also has a booth space there. Now we know where Frank gets all of his goodies for the show. I also, found this awesome gift shop, The Cottage Door. Lots of neat decorative items and Brighton jewelry. This place will definitely be on my wish list for Christmas. I found Lindee too! Lindee is an artist that uses recycled fence post to make yard art. She used to sell at different shows I worked at and at a craft mall, but when it closed down and I quit the craft show circut I lost contact with her. Well I found Lindee at Old Time Antiques in Katy. I posted her artwork in my slide show. The pumpkin sign.


  5. I worked on a altered Halloween item for a scrapbook challenge amongst my scrapping friends. I may use these glasses for the party on Sunday.


  6. We ended the weekend by attending Samantha's school dedication. Read story above.

Look forward to the upcoming Halloween week next week. Stay tune for party photos next week!

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I'm laughing out loud that you dressed up the dogs- VERY FUNNY!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend-thanks for the update

Scrapbookallie said...

I love the pictures of Samantha in the pumpkins. . . .she is darling. . . .looks so like you!