Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 14 - Eyes & Day 16 Long Exposure

Still in the process of catching up. I have skipped over Day 15 because I have to figure out how to excute my idea.

Day 14 - Eyes

This little guy was taken in Winter of 2009. Houston/Katy area had minor snow flurries that day and the entire city shut down. Samantha, Hector and the neighbors made mini-snowmen as the snow fell.
I was looking through my photo library of some great eye shots for this challenge and just could not find any that appealed to me. Then I found this one, not the human kind, but they sure are cute little button eyes.

Day 16 Long Exposure

Taken July 4th 2010. Firework pictures are hard to capture. Right before 4th of July last year, I researched tutorials on Youtube on how to capture the best firework shots. The key is keeping your shutter open as long as possible with a stable surface (tripod). Here is an article in PC World with a better explanation.

With 4th of July around the corner this would be a good opportuntity for me to brush up on my skills. Then again, with the dry spell we have had recently, there may not be any fireworks.

No comments: